Steering Group Member Application Form
As detailed in our Constitution Transition Town Iford is a practical group of people that run events and activities to
(a) build a local community that is interconnected, resilient and self-reliant,
(b) where lost skills are rediscovered, shared
and new ones learnt
(c) promote the wellbeing of all living things.
We follow all 3 permaculture elements within all our events and activities: Earth Care, People Care, and Fair Share.
The duties of the Steering Group are:
(a) to steer and lead the Organisation in line with the Vision and Mission
(b) to monitor and control the affairs of the Organisation;
(c) to keep accurate accounts of the Organisation’s finances through the Treasurer;
(d) to keep accounting records that facilitate financial reporting on a per Working Group basis
(e) for events to be appropriately insured.
(f) To represent the Organisation at functions and meetings, and acting as a spokesperson as appropriate.
We expect SG members to commit to serving for a period of at least one year
Transition Town Ilford is looking for members for its Steering Group, which is the decision making body for our work.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The overall duty of Steering Group Members is to steer and lead the Organisation in line with our Vision and Mission. We do this by:
• Initiating, supporting and guiding our projects
• Keeping accurate accounts of the Organisation’s finances through the Treasurer
• Developing, implementing and reviewing policies which will support our work
• Representing the organisation at events and meetings
• Attending Steering Group meetings
Benefits to you
• Being part of a lively community group and knowing that you are doing something rewarding which will make your community a better place
• Opportunities to develop existing skills and try out new ones
• Opportunities to input your ideas and develop new work
• Learning from the experience of other members of the group
What skills and qualities do I need?
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Capacity to think strategically
• You will share the values and vision of the Transition Movement for a greener, thriving community
• Willingness to take a lead in one area of our work suited to your experience
• You will have a positive attitude, enthusiasm and a willingness to help each other to thrive
• You can be relied on to do what you say you will do
When do I need to be available?
• The Steering Group meets monthly (sometimes more often). We ask Steering Group members to attend all the meetings in person.
• You will spend a minimum of 4 hours a month on TTI Steering Group matters
• Fill in the application form on here.
• We will get in touch with you for an informal meeting with the Steering Group.
• You will then be nominated and elected at the next AGM.
• Induction provided before you begin
• Travel expenses provided for local journeys
• Training in areas of the work you are interested to pursue and in understanding more about the Transition network nationally/ internationally
• Informal mentoring if requested