Treasurer Application Form
As detailed in our Constitution Transition Town Iford is a practical group of people that run events and activities to
(a) build a local community that is interconnected, resilient and self-reliant,
(b) where lost skills are rediscovered, shared
and new ones learnt
(c) promote the wellbeing of all living things.
We follow all 3 permaculture elements within all our events and activities: Earth Care, People Care, and Fair Share.
The duties of the Steering Group are:
(a) to steer and lead the Organisation in line with the Vision and Mission
(b) to monitor and control the affairs of the Organisation;
(c) to keep accurate accounts of the Organisation’s finances through the Treasurer;
(d) to keep accounting records that facilitate financial reporting on a per Working Group basis
(e) for events to be appropriately insured.
(f) To represent the Organisation at functions and meetings, and acting as a spokesperson as appropriate.
We expect SG members to commit to serving for a period of at least one year
TTI Treasurer Role Description
Transition Town Ilford is looking for a Treasurer.
The overall role of a Treasurer is to maintain an overview of the Organisation’s finances, ensuring its financial viability and maintaining proper financial records and procedures.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
• Maintaining and presenting budgets, accounts and financial statements
• Ensuring that there is no conflict between any investment held and the aims and objects of the Organisation
• Ensuring the Organisation’s compliance with legislation
• Making a formal presentation of the accounts at the AGM and drawing attention to important points in an easily understandable way
• Ensuring that proper finance procedures are in place and that these are clear to all volunteers
• Prompt payment of bills and expenses
• Maintaining clear records of expenditure on each of the grants Transition Ilford receives.
• Acting as a signatory for the main bank account of the Organisation.
Benefits to you
• Being part of a thriving community organisation and know that you are doing something to help make the community a better place
• Opportunities for training in order for you to update your skills
What skills do I need?
Skills, attributes, experience and qualifications
• Experience of bookkeeping is essential. This will include experience of preparing a budget/ keeping accounts and internet banking
• Ability to share financial information simply and clearly
• Ability to work in a team
• You will share the values and vision of Transition Town Ilford
When do I need to be available?
You will be expected to attend Steering Group meetings. These are usually held monthly but are sometimes more frequent.
You will spend at least 4 hours per month on finance matters.
Online application form followed by meeting the Steering Group
Training to update and develop your finance skills provided if requested
Travel expenses provided for local journeys